David Dalka reports
is going to get rebranded. Dalka heard the news from MyBlogLog's community manager Robyn Tippins at SOBcon in Chicago. Here are a few of the changes coming according to Dalka.
1) The biggest news is that there will be a rebranding of MyBlogLog. The exact timing and new brand were not revealed. (YahooBlogLog or MyYahooLog? Time will tell.)
2) A complete site redesign is on the way!
3) A new "Widget 2.0" is coming with some hover features.
4) Yahoo! is hard at work to remove the offensive photos so that MyBlogLog would be palatable to more conservative business blogs.
5) Some sort of method to turn off your presence for some types of sites will be added.
A new name, improved widget and an offensive photo filter will be improvements that are welcomed by MyBlogLog users. It will be interesting to see if Yahoo also finds ways to interlink MyBlogLog with any of its many other services. Michael Arrington notes
that peformance and uptime are the most important. It is crucial for widgets to load rapidly and not weigh down the blogs they are placed on. Duncan Riley has already thrown in the towel and says it is "too little, too late
" for the blog widget.